We are not necessarily looking for highly academic people, what we want is enthusiasm, a keen desire to learn, initiative and someone who is prepared to work hard when required. NZ is a great place for people with a work hard - play hard approach to life!!
- Return ticket to NZ
- Help and advice in finding work on a suitable dairy farm in New Zealand.
- About 10 months work, allowing around 2 months for travel or other work at the end of the year.
- A mentor in NZ to help you learn and develop and in case of any work related problems.
- In return we would like you to write a report at the end of year and to come and speak to potential candidates, so you can help us to further promote this opportunity.
- You will need to provide Insurance for yourself while you are away and be able to find your own way to the UK airport you fly from.
- We will guide you in applying for the relevant work Visa.
- You will need to be aged 18 by the 31st of December of the year before you travel to New Zealand e.g. for the 2017 Scholarship (leaving UK June/July 2017) you must be aged 18 by the 31st December 2016.
- Applicants from UK residents only.
Applications are in the first instance through the application form and then, if selected, through a relaxed interview with members of the charity. Interviews are usually held in mid February at Sedgemoor Livestock Centre.